Coronavirus: QEC Church Update
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
As you know, the situation with regards to Coronavirus seems to change from moment to moment. This update is to let you know of our current plans for how we "do" church for the foreseeable future, until otherwise advised.
Following the announcement by the Chief Minister on Sunday 29th March 2020 concerning the lockdown affecting Jersey, we will now be operating as a church, as follows:
1. We will be posting CD’s of all online services to folk, where we can, and as requested;
2. In the event that Jersey Post stops delivering, we will then be left in a situation whereby we can provide the word to folk who are without internet in two ways:
- One of our Elders will ring people and share a synopsis of the Sunday sermon over the phone; and
- If folk need food, we will deliver food (an essential journey) and a CD with the food. (Please do reach out if you get to a point where you need help regarding getting food or medicines).
3. In terms of providing the Word to folk, we have come to the conclusion that it would be helpful if we were to create the opportunity to share the Word with folk (especially, but not exclusively, to folk who are not online) more frequently throughout the week. Thus, rather than having two services on a Sunday and one meeting on a Wednesday, we will move to having one service on a Sunday morning, the prayer meeting on a Wednesday evening (now starting at 7.00pm), and an additional meeting on a Friday evening at 7.00pm during which Leon will share a short word from scripture.
4. Both meetings during the week (Wednesday and Friday) will take place over zoom. Using zoom allows folks with a telephone to dial in and to fully take part in the meeting. Thus, those without internet can hear the Word again.
5. We will, from this point forward, cease to have the Sunday evening meeting until the current restrictions are lifted. In effect, we are exchanging the Sunday evening meeting for a Friday evening meeting so we can reach folk (especially those without internet) more frequently through the week.
In summary, from now on, we will meet as follows until further notice:
- Sunday - 10.45am Normal Sunday Service - via the YouTube link on our website (see below);
- Wednesday - 7.00pm Prayer Meeting - via zoom (see details at the link below)
- Friday - 7.00pm Short Devotional - via zoom (see details at the link below)
The relevant link to access all of the above, including phone numbers to access the zoom meetings is here: http://quennevaisec.com/online-streaming.html